Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Medical Necessity for CPT 33249 - We have received a few denials

Default Hi
    Medical Coding Books
    Quote Originally Posted by cweavercpc View Post
    Are you billing the code with the Q0 or Q1 modifier? I refered to NCD 20.4 and several MLN Matters Articles:

MM4273 Transmittal# R819CP
    MM5805 Transmittal# R1418CP
    MM3604 Transmittal# R497CP
    MLN Matters Number SE0517

All of this if very useful information and we have been getting paid. I have all of this information scanned and can gladly email anyone who needs it to save you time. Just give me your email address or send me a personal message. Hope this information helps and let me know if you have any questions.
    Could you send me the information also. My email address: marty3073@yahoo.com

Thanks
    MARSCHAND K. MARTIN

2. Default 33249
    When using the Q0 modifier do we need to be registered with the national registry. We are getting several denials but I want to make sure we are using the modifier correct. Thank you. Sally

Default Reply
    I would like that info to if you don't mind...dnm4345@hotmail.com THANKS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sallystavola View Post
    When using the Q0 modifier do we need to be registered with the national registry. We are getting several denials but I want to make sure we are using the modifier correct. Thank you. Sally
    I believe that the facility that actually incurs the cost of the device registers the #'s identifying the device. On your claim, I believe you also need to enter the serial # of the device in addition to the Q0 modifier and the appropriate dx codes.
    Lisa Bledsoe, CPC, CPMA

5. Default
    Hi,

Do you still have the information regarding the Q0 modifier? if yes, could you please email to me at stephanieo7580@gmail.com

Thank you
    Stephanie

Default 33249
    For this same issue ours is stating you must also report the applicable Device with 33249...do you know which device code they are referring too?

Quote Originally Posted by cherrera26 View Post
    Hi
    We have received a few denials from Medicare of Florida for Procedure 33249 , I have tried to look in CMS to get the Rules and ICD-9 odes that we can use to support the Medical Necessity in several occasions without any success.
    Does anybody here has the guide lines or any LCD from CMS with this information.
    Please advice.
    thanks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12