I recently graduated from a Medical billing and Coding Program with a Certificate. I am working PT as a PSR, patient service rep, and don't care for it. I would really like to quit this job and concentrate on Coding classes and then follow thru with their(AAPC's) Externship. Does anyone know if the Externship is worthwhile? Do you really get experience from knowledgeable people or is it a Docs Office that's too busy to help? I would also like to find more info on what it is like to be a Coder. Where are the best places to work, ie: Hospitals, prisons, Docs Offices?
Thanks in Advance for your Help
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join