Those are all elements of medical decision making. Can you up a level just based on one of those, not really. MDM is 2 of 3 so if you have 3 data points and rx management you could get moderate MDM even if you dx points are at 2. But you still have to meet the level with the other key components required for the code set you are in.
For new/consults they are 3 of 3, so you could have Detailed history, Problem Focused exam, and Moderate MDM, you are still stuck at a level 1 regardless of your level of MDM.
On established codes it is 2 of 3 so it is possible that those things you mentioned could help up your level, depending on what the other key components end up being.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join