We have to look at two things here:
1. If your surgeon billed the surgery with modifier 54 and relinquished the care to some other physician for postop care, yes you can bill for the consult and subsequent hospital care with 24 modifier
2. If your surgeon billed the surgery without any modifier and now consulted for a related problem in gloabl period you cannot bill for the consult and subsequent hospital.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join