Remember to use Modifier Q6 on all your locum tenens claims. There are some extra steps that must be taken in order for your locum tenens claims to be reimbursed by Medicare. The Q modifier should be listed as a procedure code so Medicare knows you're claiming services rendered by a locum tenens physician. If you don't use the modifier, you claim will likely be denied. Also the maximum time limit for billing for locum tenens physicians is currently sixty days.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join