I have a question regarding MFM physicians billing consults. Some of the MFMs I've been dealing with have regularly been billing high level consults but their documentation very often lacks a ROS and a many times has only a detailed Physical Exam at best! When I approach them about this they all claim that the fetus is their patient, not necessarily the mother. Can the exam of the fetus be considered as the physical exam to justify the consult?
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join