CPT allows for rounding up when you have spent at least half the recommended time frame ... therefore the first hour is from 30 minutes (a half-hour is rounded up to a full hour) to 74 minutes (because when you hit 75 minutes .. i.e. 15 minutes after the first hour ... you'd round-up to an additional 30 minutes.)
I found it best to stop trying to figure this out and just believe the chart on page 26 (CPT 2009 professional edition) or page 19 (same reference).
Hope that helps.
F Tessa Bartels, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join