The dictation leaves a lot of questions on catheter placements, so I am somewhat guessing on these. I work in Interventional Radiology as a technologists, so my answers is going on my experience.
First, modifier 74 is used when a procedure is discontinued out patient procedure after anesthesia is given. The procedure was performed, so that modifier cannot be used.
Since an attempted PTA was done, and a catheter made it into the lt SFA, the Catheter placement code is 36247. Since a selective code is used, the Catheter placement- aorta cannot be used. Code for Abdominal aorta S&I is 75626.
Bilateral extremity run-off is 75716.
I hopes this helps you out.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join