Nephrostomy tube/stent placment is coded as follows.
(CPT code 50393) Percutaneous drainage or stent placement
(CPT code 53899) for dilation of ureter
If monitored sedation was rendered you would code (CPT code 99144) this is not the case according to the documentation.
Radiology codes are as follows:
(CPT code 74480) for procedure 50393
(CPT code 74485) for procedure 53899
Hope this help....
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join