Modifier 66 is when more than 2 surgeons (i.e., a "team") are billing for the same code (modifier 62 is for 2 surgeons). Since it looks like each of these providers performed a portion of the procedures listed, you will need to agree on codes and reimbursement split with the other provider, bill the same codes with modifier 62 appended to each code billed. Per 2008 Coder's Desk Reference (copyright Ingenix 2007), for modifier 62 it states, "...List multiple related procedures as though one physician performed all procedures and add modifier 62. The surgeons should agree on charges, procedure codes, and reimbursement percentage splits pror to submission. Because of many variables, it is imperative you coordinate the physicians' billing, and submit complete and detailed documentation."
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join