Operative procedure: release of tethered cord with section of spinal cord and reconstitution of dura:
Note reads: I exposed area over where the spine started to be bifid and below. I did a small laminotomy at the top level to find the dura and then dissected down. Where dura essentially disappeared into the scar, I then dissected around the dura on either side. Opened it at midline, and exposed the cord and then followed down to where the cord was firmly scarred in. At this area, which was around the T10-11 disc space, we coagulated through the cord and then cut it sharply. The cord retracted apart approximately a centimeter when I did this. Distal to this, I cut through the dura circumferentially and then I sewed it shut using $4-0 Nurolon.
I have codes 63200 for relase of tethered cord and also 63271 for the laminectomy for the scarring. What I'm just wondering is about the reconstition of the dura, I'm thinking that this is just inclusive.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join