Most insurance companies are more restrictive of mental health providers than Medicare, if that's any help.
Noridian has a great tool for mental health services.
It is common practice that Medicare does not pay for CSW or CP codes submitted with an E/M component. Even if Noridian is not your Medicare Contractor, I'd certainly pursue information from that source. Otherwise, your option would be to contact the various commercial payers and ask for a formal recommendation. By the way, in some of the largest national healthcare systems, Medicare rules are adopted as the gold standard--regardless. That could certainly support you in establishing a general rule to go by.
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join