I queried a physician I work with a lot and he stated the CRF cannot be causal to both the HTN and the diabetes at the same time on the same pt. Also since the HTN and the CRF are always linked then the CRF would be causal to the HTN and then possibly exacerbated by the diabetes in which case the diabetes would be the 250.00 code. as far as which goes first it really depends on the documentation, what does the physicians narrative say?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join