Confused, chief complaint and HPI are not the same thing. You can pull a chief complaint from the HPI but you don't have to.
So you could have a chief complaint "Recheck colon cancer"
Then HPI of "colon cancer, found during routine c-scope 6 months ago, currently undergoing chemo, pt denies N/V/D"
This is just me making something up off the top of my head but you would have location, context, duration, mod factors, and associated S&S.
Hope this is helpful,
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join