You can bill for the technical component only 93005 with a 52 modifier if the situation justified it.
I am assuming that they started to do the EKG but couldn't finish. If they couldn't finish it due to equipment malfunction I would not bill anything. If the patient was not cooperative I would try with the reduced service.
There is also the 53 modifier to consider.
I have never done any of the above so I have no idea what the results will be but if the situation arises that is what I would consider.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join