Most insurance companies I know of (most of the major ones) will cover if certain criteria are met. I definitely recommend requesting a predetermination, as they may have certain criteria that needs to be met (comorbidities, BMI threshold, etc.).
To answer your question more specifically, this is a different scenario than weight watchers, nutrisystems, etc. as it is a physician supervised weight reduction program for a diagnosable condition (morbid obesity).
I would begin by requesting/finding payer criteria on coverage for these services. Try their websites and look for standard coverage policies for weight reduction programs. Most payers now publish these. If you can't find anything call customer service and see if they can help you out.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join