You are correct. Reviewing a cath or CT scan (any type diagnostic imaging) during an office visit is considered apart of the MDM (amount and/or complexity of medical data to be reviewed).
I belive your billing consultant is thinking of CPT code 76140, consultation on X-ray examination made elsewhere, written report. Another physician must ask for his advise and opinion on the imaging, whereby he will dictate a note and report his findings. Medicare and Medicaid will not pay for this code, but some private insurances do. It pays rather poorly but he'll get something.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join