First of all, it depends on what kind of dr wrote the note. Psychologists, nurses, etc can not bill EM codes.
If you are reading a psychiatrist's note and trying to determine, it is tough. It all comes down to the focus and intent of visit. Is the patient there for therapy, ie the note will show alot of what they discussed and dr offers therapeutic ideas how to help patient. EM's are more for medical end of the visits.
more times than not, if you are dealing with therapists, you should probably be billing therapy codes.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join