I believe the CMS Claims Processing Manual and Program Integrity Manual both have something to this effect in it.
You may also look to other commentary CMS makes in relation to Phys. Therapy coding, as this should assist you in doing it correctly. (And, yes, I agree with your stance on it.)
From the sounds of it, your time table also came from CMS as well. It is similar, at least, to the one I've seen from CMS.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join