Treatment can be initiated during a consult so you would not need an additional request from the requesting provider.
The question is was it truly a consult or a transfer of care. Did the requesting provider want an opinion or advice on how to treat, or did they just want the pulmonologist to deal with the issue?
The subsequent day would not be appropriate on the same day of the procedure unless that is when the decision for surgery was made, then you would add the 57 modifier. The global period starts 24 hours before the procedure is done.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join