Here's a definition:
Page kidney: Chronic longstanding compression of the kidney resulting in hypertension.
The kidney is compressed, most often, by a post-traumatic subcapsular hematoma (a collection of blood beneath the capsule surrounding the kidney) or, less often, by a cyst or tumor pressing on the renal parenchyma (substance of the kidney). The compression decreases blood flow to the kidney which triggers the excess secretion of the hormone renin and this, in turn, produces the hypertension. which may take months or years to develop.
I would probably code 593.89 Other specified disorders of kidney and ureter.
Maybe code the underlying cause of the compression.
Hope this helps.
Have a good day.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join