You should include tube and cath removal as part of the E/M service. Most radiology follow-up visits will be lower-level (such as 99212, Office or other outpatient visit â€¦). Radiologists perform many tube and cath removals on inpatients, so inpatient E/M codes would be appropriate in those cases (for example, 99231, Subsequent hospital care, per day, for the evaluation and management of a patient â€¦).
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join