You need to have the questionair clarify that these "symptoms" are actually current complaints, or is this something they have had at some point. You should begin with having the patient document at the top of questionair why they are here. ie, are you currently having problems , if so list, or did your physician suggest a sreening. I have experienced many times where the GI doc just asksthe patient if have ever had any issues with constipation or diarrhea which of course the patient will say yes.
Also since the pcp did not request that your physician see the patient for symptoms, then I fail to see how this can be a consult at all.
I think your patients have every right to be angry especially the ones that have screening as a covered benefit.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join