I have been coding for a radiology department for over 2 years and we have never billed for xrays of the orbits for pre MRI exam. Now my manager thinks we should be billing for the orbits as well as the MRI? Does anyone have any info on this. I have done research online NCCI edits, Medicare and I can't find anything in black and white to back myself up. I do not think we should be billing for the orbits because if a patient has any metal the MRI can be harmful. We also have no symptoms or diagnosis because this exam isn't even ordered by a doctor just done more or less as a screening. Please help!!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join