There is guidance which indicates that tonsillectomy codes (42820-42836) are meant to represent bilateral procedures therefore mod -50 is inappropriate...in addition if performed unilaterally should be reported with mod -52 appended...
Does not appear to be correct to append mod-lt to 42826.
Whether or not the Bx on the right should be coded??? not sure
42826 with -52 already indicates that the procedure was reduced.
...hope this helps,
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join