It is downcoding and is not a good thing to do. They consider that a false claim submitted and there is a federal staute for that. You may not represent to the carrier a service that was not performed. Tell you physician that he can however barter for the patient owed amount. A farm community should have plenty of fresh veges to barter with and some eggs, it is possible he may never need to go grocery shopping again! But seriously barter is a legal mechanism as long as fair market value it assigned to the goods or services (ie no $100 eggs)
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join