V12.72 and V16.0 support G0105. Since the doctor calls it a followup, that is what I should code it as with those two codes. Since nothing was found, I will use the G0105 with them. I don't feel I can call it a screening if it is not documented as such. (The interpretation of the word screening is all over the place also). If Medicare wants us to follow their rules it really should be spelled out clearly; otherwise, they will get a mishmosh of codes entered by conscientious coders trying to interpret their rules, which is not fair to the patient if some are denied! Thanks to all who tried to answer my question.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join