AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Workmans Comp

Default Workmans Comp

AAPC: Back to School
    Our Doctor had a phone conference with a physician representing Worker's Comp. He asked several questions regarding our patient and her condition in an attempt to decide whether the patient should have her workers comp. disability payments reinstated. The call lasted 24 minutes, and I am unsure of what CPT code to use.

I am not sure that this has a CPT code to bill along with it. There is the 99499, unlisted evaluation and management code that you could possibly bill but from looking through the CPT E/M options I don't really see one that would fit your senario. In our office we don't bill for phone calls like that. I'm not sure if this is any help

We have used 99361 in the past. The new code is 99367 but it is for more than 30 minutes.

Similar Threads

1. Workmans compensation
    By camilleb in forum Billing/Reimbursement
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 11:30 PM
  2. Workmans Comp Claim for Substance Abuse
    By nalukea1972 in forum Behavioral Health
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2013, 03:40 PM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 03:57 PM
  4. Workers Comp