That is absolutely NOT appropriate billing. The code desciption is psych diagnostic interview exam.
You are correct in thinking he should be using a 9080_ for ongoing care, or even a few other codes such as 90846,90847 etc. He can not bill anything with EM component in it though (90805,7...)
Take a look at the claims if he doesn't believe you. I am willing to bet the the subsequents are all denied and if they aren't, they will be soon once they catch the error.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join