Can anyone tell me what the difference is between RHIT and RHIA?
I am debating about seeking an RHIT or RHIA certification. I know nothing about the requirements for obtaining these certifications and have been searching the forums here at AAPC looking for information.
I have been unemployed for over two years now and am hoping that the additional certification will open more job opportunities for me.
I have 81 credits toward a bachelors degree in Psychology, but have not been in school for almost 12 years now. ( I'm showing my age!) I would consider finishing my degree which would also help my job situation. But, financially and time wise, I'd prefer to go a different route if at all possible.
I'm off to the AHIMA site to try to get more information.
Thanks for any input you have!
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join