I am taking a billing and coding class so I am totally new to the wonderful world of coding. A question arose tonight - how to code joint replacement of an index finger. The complete text reads as follows:
Mr. Rappaport has been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in the joints of his fingers. The physician performs a joint replacement of the index finger. What is the code?
No one in class can agree on it - if anyone can help, we would all appreciate it.
- Medical Coding
- Medical Billing
- Practice Management
- Exam Preparation
- Other Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Virtual Coding Experience (Practicode)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Log In / Join