I am taking a billing and coding class so I am totally new to the wonderful world of coding. A question arose tonight - how to code joint replacement of an index finger. The complete text reads as follows:
Mr. Rappaport has been diagnosed with severe osteoarthritis in the joints of his fingers. The physician performs a joint replacement of the index finger. What is the code?
No one in class can agree on it - if anyone can help, we would all appreciate it.
- ICD-10 Training
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join