This is a topic that will inspire heated discussions.
I personally agree with what the insurance company is telling you and that is how we bill when this situation arises.
CPT states the well care codes can be billed with 99201-99215 as appropriate, so it seems to support use of 2 new patient codes on the same patient.
My opinion is CPT is contradicting itself in saying that.
Bottom line you will have to play the carriers game to get paid or fight it out to try and get them to change.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join