"Certified Nurse Midwife service (multiple modifiers) (when billed by a physician, organized outpatient clinic or hospital outpatient department)"
- Modifier YR has been deleted. The definition was:
YR was used for nurse midwife services and would not apply to a NP.
YR has somewhat been replaced with modifier SB.
Some carriers will recognize these modifiers and some will not. Those that will not may deny the claims because the modifier is not one they recognize and that makes the claim not a "clean claim".
- Modifier SA is for a nurse practitioner rendering service in collaboration with a physician.
I would query your biggest carriers first, and/or those you have ties with, and ask them if they recognize the SA modifier (it doesn't seem the YR applies to this). If so, how do they want modifier SA utilized?
Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join