AAPC - Back to school

Thread: Dmerc

Default Dmerc

AAPC: Back to School
    Any help on this would be appreciated. My office (podiatry) supplies patients with a5500 and a5512, but where do i bill it to?

the previous biller sent it to Palmetto GBA, but everything I've read on it says to send it to DMERC Region C. But medicare part b covers the shoes.

I'm so confused. Any help will be appreciated and thanks in advance.

Default Dmerc

Medicare Part B does pay for durable medical goods, but it is a different carrier that you bill for DME's. Just like Medicare Part B there are different carriers in different regions for the DME's. I would suggest checking with your Medicare Part B carrier. I'm sure they could direct you to the correct carrier.

Best of luck.

thank you very much

I am in Florida so it is Cigna Government Services. go to cms.hhs.gov and look for the DMERC supplier for your area if you are not in Florida.

Wichita, KS

We used to post DME to Palmetto GBA but when they change to a DMAC we now post to Noridian which covers AK, AZ, CA,HI, ID, IA, KS, MO, MT, NE, NV, ND, OR, SD, UT, WA, WY, Am. Samoa, Guam, N Marinana Islands. Their website is www.noridianmedicare.com. Then click on Durable Medical Equipment. Supplier phone # 1-866-243-7272
    Tammy Hulsey-Ferguson, CPC
    Past President AAPC Wichita, KS Local Chapter