Just aspiration by vein puncture can remove some minor thrombus.
May try - 36410.
Mostly, vein stripping/Ligation procedures such as 37785 may bundle this aspiration, etc.
However, for the amount of blood withdrawn for this procedure we should go for a code like percutaneous thrombectomy -36870; but this code also talks about graft. So bewildered. Also no mention of incisions. So, may we go for 36870 -52?
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join