" We now placed a Gelport through a Pfannenstiel incision and turned
the case to laparoscopic-assisted by placing my hand and I was able to
now continued mobilizing"
I pulled the above sentence from the operation report that you posted. I think the word "assisted" is referring to the technique, not that there was an assistant surgeon.
The procedure was performed laparoscopic, but the incision is widened to allow a laparoscopic hand port to be place. The surgeon is then able to insert his/her hand into the "belly". My surgeon calls this technique laparoscopic hand assisted, __________. For coding purposes it is still considered laparoscopic, therefore code 44204 is correct. I would also consider billing 58662.
Hope this helped-
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join