Laura - your post has definately sparked my interest. I thought I read somewhere that the differnce in reimbursement for a consult vs new patient or subsequent hospital was going to be adjusted on the Medicare fee schedule "accordingly". I'll be darned if I can find where I read that, though. I would love to hear other's comments and concerns on this issue. I too will be jumping for joy once consult codes are gone with the exception of the impact that will have on the bottom line...
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join