With United Healthcare who knows why? I have found United Healthcare is one of those rare insurance companies who want a -59 on the 93545 when billed with intervention even though there are no CCI edits for it.
Addedum: If you go to www.cms.hhs.gov, click on "Medicare, under coding click on NCCI, then click on NCCI Policy Manual (updated 4/9/09). Click on Chapter 11 (90000 series) and refer to the bottom of page 12 of the file (item #10) will address the 93545. Hope this helps.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join