I would think it is still part of the postoperative period. Same guidelines as previously. I think procedure room was added for those practices that do procedures in their own procedure rooms (ex. ASC) and there is complications and they are brought back to their procedure room to treat, so those procedures may be able to be billed. Before to use 78, it had to be the OR. The only modifier close to it was 58 and it's for planned/staged procedures. Medicare has listed what they consider complications that are part of the global period.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join