I have yet to locate anything that says this. They want to records complete ASAP, which would include a signature but I find it very interesting the instructions given to RAC.
2. Minor Omissions
Consistent with Section 937 of the MMA, the RAC shall not make denials on minor omissions such as missing dates or signatures.
As far as I know there is no time limit to when they can sign a record either. Do I feel comfortable when providers are signing year old records? No, I don't but they can. Or at least they can per our attorneys.
Laura, CPC, CEMC
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join