It almost sounds as if your general surgeon performed in the capacity of co-surgeon (62). It does appear that your documentation could support an assistant (80), also; however, I would ask your physician for clarification and request a copy of the spine surgeon's dictation. It does sound as if your 2nd scenario would apply...
62 for the hemicorpectomies and 80 for the fusion, etc.
Below is an article from the AAOS that you may find helpful.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join