Now...some carriers want to see modifier 59 on the "add on" codes. Check with your carriers to see if this will be an issue.
My Medicare carrier.....
Multiple Level Joint Injections
Q: How should multiple level bilateral paravertebral facet joint injections be billed?
A: Providers may have received denials for bilateral paravertebral facet injections when more than one add-on level was billed without a modifier 59 or an electronic notepad indicating the add-on levels were distinctly different. For example, if a provider treats bilaterally three thoracic levels (such as T7-8, 8-9, and 9-10), the provider should bill 64470-50 for the first level then 64472-50 for each of the two additional levels except the last level should include a modifier 59 or a notepad explaining the three different levels treated.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join