That is confusing! I just learned that Medicare is now requiring a secondary dx but you have the correct dx.
According to Medicare (I'm in Michigan), it states:
ICD-9 CM code 110.1 must be reported as primary condition and the appropriate Q modifier showing that coverage criteria has been meet. In the absence of a systemic condition, one of the following must be listed to document medical necessity of the service:
681.10 Unspecified cellutlities and abcess of toe
681.11 Onychia and paronychia of toe
703.0 Ingrowing nail
719.7 Difficulty in walking
729.5 Pain in limb
781.2 Abnormality of gait
I'll be watching this post carefully to see what others have to say!
Sorry I can't be of more help!
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join