All the reading I have done states not to bill the removal of the middle turbinate when Ethmoidectomy (partial or total) is performed. The physician states he performs 31254 and 31240. I checked and cannot find any CCI edits for these 2 codes being bundled, but the definition of Concha Bullosa is an abnormal pneumatization of the middle turbinate? Can anyone explain this, and should 31240 be billed? Thank You very much for any advice.
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join