Central Philadelphia chapter

Default CABG X4 or CABG X 5

AAPC: Back to School
    I have a question on a CABG surgery.
    33517 - Vein to PDA
    33533 - LIMA to LAD
    RIMA to Ramus
    RIMA to 1st Diagonal Branch

Substantial bleeding was noted from the side to side anastomosis of the right internal mammary artery to the first diagonal and was thought that this was the consequence of the severe calcification and being forced to use relatively delicate sutures because the internal mammary artery use. The aorta was cross-clamped and the graft was taken down. A reversed segment of saphenous vein was sewn to the first diagonal with much deeper sutures to get around the severe mural calcification.

Can I still bill for the RIMA to 1st Diagonal since it was taken down, or do I just bill for the Vein graft to the 1st Diagonal ?

I would not bill for the graft they took down.So my codes would be 33534 & 33518 (and the evh if they did that).

Similar Threads

1. Cabg
    By tyriley3 in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-20-2015, 08:48 AM
  2. Cabg help
    By christywade47@yahoo.com in forum Anesthesia
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-10-2013, 08:23 AM
  3. cabg x4 please help
    By hpgh in forum Cardiovascular Thoracic
    Replies: 3