I don't see why you couldn't bill this x2, assuming they were both performed during separate sessions. If the catheter became dislodged and the physician had to repeat the procedure, it should be billed a second time with modifier 76.
If it became dislodged after placement but before the procedure was terminated, and the physician had to reposition/replace, I would bill x1 but I would append modifier 22 and send the procedure report that details this complication.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join