In a nutshell:
MCR considers this part of the global surgical package (Claims Processing Manual, 100-4, chap 12, Section 40)
CPT also considers this to be included in the surgical procedure.
Some private payors may allow you to negotiate payment for pain pumps into your contracts, if so, the AAOS recomends you report 64999.
The information above was taken from the Ortho Pink Sheet January 2007
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join