How would one code this procedure? The primary code is 93510 with a secondary of 93571. Are there other codes that can be used?
Left Heart Cath, Left ventriculography, Pressure wire, Coronary Angiogram, ACT
Indications: Chest Pain
Procedure Summary: Visually estimated LV ejection fraction is 50%, mild global LV hypokinesis, prime wire used to assess the diagnonal branch of the LAD. This showed an FFR of .93 afte adenosine, consistent with no significant obstruction. mild, non-obstructive coronary disease.
Angiographic findings: LMCA: Normal, LAD: Moderate disease, LCx: Minimal disease, RCA: minimal disease
Diagnostic Cath Status: Elective
Entry Locations; Retrograde Percutaneous access was performed through the right femoral artery. A 6 Fr sheath was inserted.
Procedure Medications; Bivalirudin (angiomax) IV Bolus 10.5 ml, Bivalirudin Drip (Angionmax drip) 24.5 ml, Adenosine IC 42, Adenosine IC 50
Catheters Guide; Metronic 6.0 FR JL 4.0 (Lt Coronary Angiography), Medtronic 6.0 FR JR 4.0 (Rt Coronary Angiography), Medtronic 6.0 FR Pegtail angled (Lt ventriculography), Right side medtronic G-8 GR EBU 3.5 (Lt coronary angiography)
Contrast Material: Vispaque 140 ml
Fluoroscopy time: 4.00 min
IABP: not used
VA - LV function assessed as normal
Ejection Fraction- method EF% estimated 50
Hemodynamics condition: rest estimated 195.66 Heart Rate: 58 bpm
Pressure: AO (175/71(112)), LV (161/-1,5), LV (152/-2.7), LV (182/0,10), LV (170/-4,8), LV (166/-5,7), AO (166/65 (108))
Valve gradients and areas
Valve - aortic peak (-3), mean (12), aortic peak (-3), mean 12)
O2 values - 02 capacity 180.88, 02 consumption 195.66
- Exam Preparation
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Software / Digital
- Code Lookup (AAPC Coder)
- Practicode (online coding simulation)
- E/M Analyzer
- CPT RVU Calculator
- Health Plan Search (Provider Policies)
- Book Store
- Log In / Join