I don't think it matters where you find the information within the note as long as its clear he is talking about the patients signs/symptoms (I've actually taken ROS out of the assessment and plan because the provider actually added a little more info on the patient's history while summarizing the case).
I do not think "otherwise negative" would fly as 10+ systems reviewed though. Our Medicare provider instructed that the provider must note any pertinent symptoms (negative or positive) and then write "all other systems negative" (as you said) to be give full credit under ROS.
You'll probably have an easier time getting your doc to change that one sentence rather than change the layout of his note.
- ICD-10 Trainings
- Comprehensive Courses
- CPC (Certified Professional Coder)
- COC (Certified Outpatient Coder)
- CIC (Certified Inpatient Coder) NEW!
- CRC (Certified Risk Adjustment Coder) NEW!
- CPB (Certified Professional Biller)
- CPMA (Certified Professional Medical Auditor)
- CDEO (Certified Documentation Expert – Outpatient) NEW!
- CPPM (Certified Physician Practice Manager)
- CPCO (Certified Professional Compliance Officer)
- VIEW ALL CERTIFICATIONS
Coding / Billing Solutions
- Audit / Compliance Solutions
Job Experience / Apprentice Removal
News / Discussion
- Other Resources
- Book Store
- Log In / Join