Thread: 2 day Nuclear Stress - Help!

Default 2 day Nuclear Stress - Help!

Promo: Code Books
    I was given the following codes 78464, 78465, 78478, 78480, 93015, A9505 x 2 and J2785 on a billing sheet with the notation "this is a 2 day study" & further notation that Dr. A supervised & Dr B read. The physicians own the equipment. I'm new to nuclear/stress billing & would greatly appreciate any help. Also would appreciate any recommendations for a good guide to help me understand cardiology testing better - Dr. Z's "Diagnostic & Interventional CV Coding" is just not basic enough for me.

Thanks!

I am assuming that he is doing a rest/stress nuclear test which is often refered to as a two day study. If this is the case then you would only bill 78465.

You can't bill 78464 & 78465 together. There are CCI edits in place for these two codes. It is either 78484 or 78465. With out seeing report I can't say for sure about the other codes but they do look correct if matches the documentatin. On the Dr. A & Dr. B I not sure. Are you doing full sevice or is this professional componant? The codes you listed look life it was full service.

Hope this helps!

Similar Threads

1. 2 Day Nuclear Stress Tests
    By HILLIC in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-24-2016, 10:55 AM
  2. Nuclear Stress
    By nyyankees in forum Cardiology
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-24-2014, 10:30 AM
  3. E&M same day as Nuclear Stress Test
    By JBurnham in forum E/M